Tuesday, August 23, 2011

The Wedding Files #1: Planning Your Wedding Yourself

Some of my wedding planning board over on Pinterest. Click the pic to see my whole board.

For me, a wedding planner wasn't even an option. I know what I want, and I think I can make it happen a lot more effectively if I'm at the wheel. I am blessed to have a fabulous maid of honor and the best groom a girl could want, as well as supportive family and friends to help me plan every step of the way.

One of the first things I did when I got engaged was to look up wedding to-do checklists because I realized:

I had no idea what to do.

I came across this one, which has served me well so far. At the very beginning, however, I went through the whole thing and crossed out everything that didn't apply to me so that I wouldn't be stressed out by lots of unchecked off items in each time bracket.

Then I headed over to Pinterest. Now, I've been dreaming about my wedding for a long time, so my wedding file was already pretty fat, but I added a lot to it over those first few weeks. Now it is serving as my home base for wedding planning and it's nice to be able to just send my mother and my maid of honor to my Pinterest page instead of trying to describe things to them. It is also helping me to cut down on the ideas coming in and figuring out what I am actually going to do vs. what is just adorable. I would highly suggest it. So whether your engaged or not, it's always a good time to request a Pinterest invite. It comes in handy when you're planning anything: even just your outfit for work tomorrow.

Extra points if you can guess my color scheme from the pictures... I'll warn you: there are some misleading pins. Cheers!

peace&love,
Jill

1 comment:


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...