Thursday, January 5, 2012

The In-Between

Earrings: handmade (see the tutorial here!) Scarf: handmade (tutorial coming soon!) 
Thrifted: dress, vest, Tee: Vanity, Leggings: Hue, Shoes: Charlotte Russe

I'm in-between everything except boyfriends right now: in between houses, jobs, internet connections, life purposes... you get the idea. Last week I moved the last of my stuff (sort of) to Tulsa, OK and this weekend I'm moving into my new place. I've applied for a beacoup of jobs and annoyed them all thoroughly with many phone calls. I've questioned every aspect of my professional future and I am alternately confident and cynical. 

In short, I'm transitioning. 

And transitioning, i.e. living out of a suitcase, doesn't usually lend itself to putting together great outfits. Hence the lack of outfit posts. 

Forgive me, and say a prayer that I find something to do with my life.
Or go make some of those awesome lace earrings. Your choice.




peace&love,
Jill

8 comments:

  1. I just found your blog, and I'm glad I did, because it rules. That's all. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recommend bar tending - some of the best memories from my transitional time ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog, which led me to yours! Everything on your blog is so sleek and beautiful...the headers, the buttons, everything. This is what I aspire to make my blog. But without all the crafting tutorials because I am all thumbs and can barely sew a button back on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Considering you're living from suitcases (our cultural expression is sitting on the suitcase) that's a really cute outfit! I wore scrubs for a month before finally unpacking everything (long story, we didn't have a place to actually move in for that long).

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel you- I'm in a really similar spot tight now. I think this outfit looks great though- love the skirt,a nd it look great paired with that cranberry-colored top!
    www.saysskippy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow...sounds tough. I hate having instability in my life. But, I think everything will unfold beautifully, as it often does :) I think it's important to have some little consistencies though. For me it's afternoon tea, movies and blogging. Simple little things make life sweet.

    Anyhoo, I love the vest :O


    Yasmeen
    Castle Fashion

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think we got some common interests- craft & thrifting. thanks for dropping by my blog so tt i can know you. you make realy cool stuff. And you look great in your thrifted outfit too. Hope u find the right job with your great talent!

    Mongs
    mythriftycloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the colors of this outfit! Good luck with your transitions!

    ReplyDelete


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...