Sunday, July 29, 2012

earning my name

Clothes: all thrifted, necklace made by me.






I named this blog over a year ago when I was just hunting around for a new creative outlet, a place to put stuff I made, things I liked, and outfits I wore. I wanted a cool name, a unique name, but I didn't really think that hard about it. I'm not a major risk taker, in life or fashion, but the idea of putting my name on "Favor the Brave" appealed to me.

Fast forward a year or so and it's like the very name of my site is urging me to become the person I am meant to be, which, as always, requires great courage. At the risk of getting too cerebral in a post with pictures of clothes, find that thing you're afraid of and go do it. Go say hi to that guy, go apply for that job, go ask that question. Heck, go sing that song on karaoke night. Or in my case, wear that high waisted skirt even though my legs are too short and chop off those bangs.

 Life's too short people.

Just like me.

peace&love,
Jill

10 comments:

  1. This is absolutely amazing. This skirt is to die for and your bangs are so adorable. I took a risk today. I ventured into pattern mixing and I loved every minute of it!

    http://thriftyandshameless.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your legs don't look too short... You look amazing in this skirt! I really want to steal all of your maxi skirts. ASAP. lol

    I'm glad that you love the name of your blog and it pushes you in a wonderful way. I am on my 3rd blog name and don't even ask about blog designs! :P

    xoxohannah
    www.signedxoxohannah.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think your legs are too short for that skirt. I just found out, after watchin that guy from what not to wear, that short ppl shouldn't wear cropped pants... I'm 5'1 and own many pairs. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this skirt looks AWESOME on you! I have no idea what you're talking about your legs being too short for it, this seriously looks amazing. By the way, were you able to get the HTML for the Links a la Mode or did you just copy and paste the post? :)

    http://room-334.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definitely just copied and pasted... sometimes that site seems to have a hard time getting things together and I didn't want to forget to do it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your name is great. I love that you try to be brave with fashion...and you succeed :)

    <3 Cambria
    jupefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. agreed. life IS too short :) you look beautiful Jill!

    andrea brionne
    @HIM+HER

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm loving looking around your sweet blog, you are brilliant! Can't wait to discover some more of it! Cool outfit, I doubt I could pull that off but it looks great on you, and more power to ya for being short (I'm 5'2"!)
    Also I am definitely very jealous of your DIY skills!

    perfectly priya

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey, i followed u just now on google.

    Great blog btw!

    I hope you will follow back

    love A.

    http://designforlife2012.blogspot.com/

    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Luxury-Life-Design/402415176489898

    ReplyDelete


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...