Monday, September 1, 2014

back from obscurity

Good morning!

So a year of silence. Unintended but necessary. Turns out that I found out I was pregnant the day of my last post - August 28, 2013. I was initially planning to keep blogging, but much sooner than I like to admit all my clothes stopped fitting, the holidays ramped up at work, and I just fell out of the habit.

My life got complicated, and it is only more so now that I have a 4 month old munchkin in tow. This 4 month old munchkin to be exact:


And though he is crazy adorable and such a good natured kid, life is still a little, well, complicated. In a fit of what some would consider insanity I also opened a second shop this summer so that baby boy and I could have space to go to work together, which is what we do now five days a week. So when I am not trying to fix his currently horrible sleep schedule or entertaining during tummy time, I am managing a growing company, making two stores worth of handmade product, and trying to save a remnant of sanity.

And that is part of the reason I am coming back to blogging, but the focus of my blog is going to change. I don't really intend to become a "mommy blog," but I am a mom now, so some of that is bound to get in here somehow. I find myself wanting to share my experiences as a working mom, small business owner, artist, and crafty person on a budget trying to lose some baby weight and help my family eat healthy. But most of all, I want to starting writing again because all the people I love have been telling me that I should.

I find myself constantly faced with questions about what I should do in the hard situations I find myself in as a business owner, wife, and parent and the answer always comes back: you need to favor the brave. Do the hard and right thing.

So I am going to try this again. I am going to once again favor the brave.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...