Wednesday, October 22, 2014

the cat in the hat



So, in a fit of insanity, I decided to build a six foot tall Cat in the Hat (out of book pages) while my baby napped a couple weeks ago. For a scarecrow contest. Because reasons. And insanity.

But I did it and now that it's done I LOVE it! I am planning to keep him on display year round and probably decking him out with seasonal decorations. 


I made him with a PVC skeleton and a chicken wire overlay and then layers of book page paper mache and paper clay. I plan on posting a more exhaustive tutorial in the future once I get all the pictures organized.




All his detailing is done with pages of real Dr. Seuss books, especially "The Cat in the Hat" itself, which was a blast!

3 comments:

  1. Wow, this is splendid! It would be such a fun addition to the school library I'd like to run someday. :) Good to hear that you'll keep him out year-round - he's too amazing to put away!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations. I have periodically clicked your link in my bookmarks and I'm happy to see you back.

    ReplyDelete


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...